Flying to Davao

Zamboanga City Travel Blog

It was a mid-day flight from Zamboanga to Davao.  The 1 hour flight was uneventful.  I was seated in the 1st row and had the entire row to myself.  Needless to say, the wait to get off the plan was brief. ;)  This flight is operated by Air Philippines.  You can also book a seat through Philippine Airlines; they have a marketing/code sharing arrangement.  As this was my 2nd trip to Davao in a month, the airport was now familiar.  In fact, there was another traveler who simply followed my lead.  It's a strange feeling, suddenly being the one people look to for leadership.  After leaving the terminal, I found a taxi & made it to my hotel for under 200 Pesos.  Since I was just in town for a couple of days to do some diving, I decided to stay at Las Casitas again.  It's location provides me with easy access to restaurants & night life.  After check-in, I went upstairs to drop off my gear & take a nap.  My 'nap' lasted several hours.  When I awoke, it was already late so I went in search of a late supper & some night life.  Several places were closed for Easter so I found a local bar and had a couple of beers & some snacks.