Three countries in one day

Echternach Travel Blog

First of all: my camera died on me, so this is going to be a picture-less trip report. If you want to see photos of the area, you can take a look at the ones I took 3 years ago: http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/54837/Echternach-Luxembourg-86

I had planned this trip for my boyfriend. Go to Bouillon in the south of Belgium on saturday, continue to Echternach in Luxemburg, on the border with Germany, on monday, spend thursday in Luxemburg City and then take the last train home. That way, he could see three countries in Europe without rushing. Unfortunately, he got sick and had to be hospitalised the day before he was going to come to Belgium. I didn't really want to go and have fun without him, but there wasn't much point to sitting at home either. So I decided to go to Echternach on tuesday anyway.

This was my third time in Echternach. It's close enough to be easy to reach, and far enough to be different. The town is pretty and nature in the area is beautiful. I like the laid-back atmosphere of Luxemburg. It's the richest country in the world allegedly, but people are not stuck up. There are three native languages, with none of the retarded tribal issues that we have in Belgium. Echternach attracts the most tourists in all of Luxemburg, but not so many that it becomes annoying.

Still, I left the country almost as soon as I got off the bus, to stay at the campsite just across the bridge that marks the border between Luxemburg and Germany, in Echternacherbr├╝ck. Echternach does have a campsite too, but it doesn't have the beautiful location on the bank of the Sauer that the German one has.

Echternach Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
good food, excellent service
Despite its French name and (I think) Italian waiter, this restaurant serves mostly German-style food. I had a chicken schnitzel with chips and a sala… read entire review
Echternach