AsiaJapanKyoto

Kyoto-unfortunately rainy days

Kyoto Travel Blog

I didn't plan to go Kyoto for this trip, although I know Kyoto is a very popular tourist spot, maybe the most cultural places in Japan as they described. I remember somewhere on the internet says Kyoto has been removed from the list for dropping bombs before, therefore it remains its original cultural look. Lots of people have encouraged me to go there. It's sounds really big in the eyes of westerners. To be honestly, I have less interest in temples and Geishas compare to other things in Japan. I often heard they say it's packed there. After experience the crowds in USJ, I really hesitated if I should go there. At last, I decided give a shot. I don't have any information materials and not even know the local transport. I decided to follow the crowds.
People throw out coins to make wishes. I wish I can pick them up when they've gone: )
The temple that I'd like to visit most would be the Kinkaguji; I heard it made of gold. I found a few info brochures in Kyoto station, but all in Japanese. There're sightseeing bus but much more expensive compare to local bus. At least required 4hours travel time with them to different temples. Later I decided to catch a city route bus by myself direct to Kinkakuji. I have more flexible time and no need to be restricted by tourist guide, and I don't know if their guide speak English anyway. It's my first time catching bus in Japan and I learned most buses you pay when you get off. So are the tram in Hiroshima. Only one bus I caught in Nara I have to pay when I get on. Oneway trip for adult cost 220yen(children half price) for the kyoto city bus.
Souvenir shop in Kyoto
I saw the ticket machine sells some daily tickets cost 500yen or 1000yen, which only have Japanese explaination. Not sure if I was right, I guess it says those tickets only for certain routes excluded some famous tourist spot. I found there're are two local buses to Kinkaguji. I caught one of them, took about 45min to reach the destination from Kyoto JR railway station. I brought my raincoat to Osaka, but everytime I heard forecast says it's clear day, I didn't bring it with me and it rains. Although it didn't rain heavily but last for quite long time. Maybe the rainy days more suitable for the atmosphere in Kyoto. Along the way around Kinkaguji, I can see lots of green trees and little ponds, some souvenir shops and food stalls. It's packed with lots of tourists from all over the world even in the rainy days.
People throw out coins to make wis…
People throw out coins to make wi…
Kingakuji-temple made of gold