Endless Road Trip....

Camarines Sur Travel Blog

Finally time to go home, we left the hotel quite late, we packed our things and arranged things inside the van. It was Easter Sunday, we went to the "Church of Our Lady of Peñafrancia" to attend mass. The mass was solemn and conducted in Bicolano dialect, none of us can understand or speak Bicolano, but that didn't matter as long as we celebrated together the Feast of the Risen Christ and received His blessings.

After the mass, we stopped by the usual Filipino's fave fast food chain "Jollibee", and ordered our breakfast. My brother told me that Bigg's is just a few blocks away from Jollibee. And I've been wanting to try it out since day one coz I was really curious about it. So I told him to check out the place and what can we order there while I was waiting for my turn to get my dad and mom's order in Jollibee.

Menu @ Bigg's
In just a minute or two he went back and told me there are combo meals available, chicken w/ rice, burger and fries and so on. So I decided to check it out myself and try out some of their menu. My brother ordered "Bigg Deal" fried chicken, bbq & rice & coke, my cousin ordered Bacon Cheese burger and drinks. I ordered tuna sandwich w/ some fries & pineapple juice for breakfast but for some reason, I thought that wouldn't be enough so I ordered their Combo Meal -- slice of pizza, fried chicken and spaghetti. True enough tuna sandwich wasn't enough. I only ate one small triangular slice of it and a few bite of fries, passed it to mom and dad so they could try and never returned to me, not even the styro with bits of fries in it.

Lunch time came, my dad called up again his friend from Quezon Province to meet up with him and find some place to eat in Quezon.

Lunch in Antigua Restaurant
After lunch my cousin, chiqui (my dog) and I walked around to see some stores and bought some snacks to munch on for another long road trip at Goldilocks.

This Holy Week is as fun as it was last year although our road trip trip last year was way much longer. Although we didn't feel that much the essence of Holy Week because we were really not able to do "Visita Iglesia" and we were outdoors on a Good Friday, which is the opposite of what Catholics traditionally do. The wonderful thing about it was, we were able to bond together as one family.

Menu @ Biggs
confession booth
confession booth
Camarines Sur Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Fast Food Chain in Bicol Since 1969
Delicious foods although their bacon cheeseburger and tuna sandwich are quite small. Maybe enough for one person but if you're "masiba" or a glutton t… read entire review
Camarines Sur