Day One ~ cleaning the flower beds

Eureka Travel Blog

 › entry 3 of 12 › view all entries
Side view.... it's looking like it will happen

David had appointments so I worked on the flower beds by myself. It was a good long day of work: about 5 hours. It poured rain most of the day so I got completely soaked. My mom and dad stopped by: Mom was afraid I would get a cold from being wet. I told her I've had worse taking care of the goats and I didn't get a cold. Still, she was concerned and wanted me to take her coat.. Then my dad wanted me to take his coat. I really must have looked like a drowned rat. They are going to come again later this week. My mom is pretty good at coordinating plant colors so hopefully she can help me with that.

I finished one flower bed: The soil had been sprayed with a weed and seed inhibitor. Before we could plant we needed to take the top two to three inches off. So I stripped off the top soil and took it by wheelbarrels full to the parks department. Then I got the soil worked up, put a layer of Zoo Poo (recycled compost ), dug up, cleaned and rearranged the rock border. It looked pretty good. I was disappointed that I hadn't done more but each element took quite a while. There is always tomorrow. When I was finishing up around 4:30 the weather cleared.... I was covered with mud but at least something was accomplished! And I didn't have to drive home in the rain.

TravellingAuntie says:
i'll have to look up the blog on your goats -- you do have one?
Posted on: Apr 07, 2010
Sweetski says:
Poor you.., getting 'stuck in the muck' :) So proud of you for hanging in there :)
Posted on: Apr 07, 2010
sylviandavid says:
Thanks Elke; The parks guys told us a few days later they were shocked I didn't give up ... but I'm a bulldog once I start something!!! (I don't let go)
Posted on: Apr 06, 2010
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Side view.... its looking like it…
Side view.... it's looking like i…
photo by: sylviandavid