Picking up Lola at BWI and lunch in Annapolis

Annapolis Travel Blog

Lola, Lena and me at Middleton's Tavern in Annapolis
The tale of this meet-up starts with Lena and I picking up Lola from BWI airport in Baltimore, then heading into downtown Annapolis for lunch. We ate at Middleton's Tavern located at the city dock area of town. This is the place we seem bring all our TravBuddy visitors not only because of the history of this place, but also the good food.
After lunch, the girls wanted to take a quick nap before we had to start heading into DC for the pre meet-up dinner. Lola settled into her room, was introduced to our snake, then while the girls napped, I checked messages about the meet-up on the forum. Looks like Ian, our organizer for the meet-up has to work late and will not be joining us tonight, so he asked if I would take over for the night in his place. My pleasure Ian! :)
Not being up on the night life and bar scene in DC, I looked for some places we could go for drinks and maybe some dancing after dinner. The internet wasn't helping, so I figure we would just wing it and hope for the best.
After the girls had their short nap, we all got ready and made the 20 minute drive to the New Carrollton Metro station. This is the closest station for the Washington DC metro/subway to our house, and the one we use regularly when going into DC. With tickets bought, we were on our way. Let the fun begin!
Lola, Lena and me at Middletons T…
Lola, Lena and me at Middleton's …
photo by: tj1777