Ned, Eve & Steve, and Fun in NS

Halifax Travel Blog

Ned arrives at Halifax Airport!
Hooray! Excitement abounds today!

Ned arrived on time and we picked him up at the delightful Halifax Airport. Hallelujah!

Then we went a few miles to Bedford for dinner. This nice suburb of Halifax no longer hosted the Lobster Ranch (old GPS info), but we met a very nice lady selling produce nearby. After getting fresh veggies and wild blueberry jam, advice on Hall's Harbour where she was from, and local food advice, we found the Riverside Pub.

Riverside Pub was a delicious place with an outside patio above the lovely Sackville River. Our waitress and locals dining nearby were friendly, as are all the people we have met in Canada so far. It reminded me of Mexico, how you greet people as you enter or leave the restaurant, even though you don't know them.
Very social.

But let me back up and tell you about this morning. First, we drove just 2 miles from our great Truro Walmart to the Farmer's Market. Saturdays until noon and it was wonderful! I think it is the interaction and laughter with others that made it so much fun. We got some cinnamon rolls from a woman who had moved here in April from China, some vegetables from people who had picked them this morning, some bread from the lady who baked it today, and some Chocolate Mint Foot Goddess Cream from the Goddess herself!

We girls puttered around the charming one historic downtown street and again found the people working the shops just as nice as could be. Charles hung out in the RV and we all had lunch there when we finally returned

Then the most exciting, unexpected thing happened!

We started driving and a block later, in this small down, on a little street in the middle of Nova Scotia- passed Evelyn and Steve in their RV named Tulip! No KIDDING!! We both had our mouths hanging open and arms waving.
Evelyn & Steve!
We pulled over and parked in a lot, they returned, and we had a delightful but too short visit.

This was the first time I'd gotten to see Evelyn in person, even though I figured we've been friends via email for a year. Today is our one-year anniversary for our return home after our trip last year from Europe and I first met Evelyn around then.

I could NOT believe it!! I had just emailed Evelyn last night asking where she was going, but have not yet read emails. They are headed to Newfoundland on Tuesday. And had they not been looking for a specific little restaurant (they I'd not heard of), or if we'd been just 2 minutes earlier leaving or 2 minutes later, we'd have missed them, as they were urning away from our shopping area.

How wild is that?!

It was all in all a wonderful day! We're overnighting as close to Halifax tonight as we could get, at the Halifax Walmart (where the Manager cheerfully and hospitably told we could stay here and they hoped we have a wonderful visit), and will explore that great city in the morning.
Farmer's Market fun
Oh my GOSH- theres EVELYN!!
Oh my GOSH- there's EVELYN!!
Ciao and Tulip
Ciao and Tulip
Evelyn waves goodbye
Evelyn waves goodbye
Buying fresh produce in Bedford
Buying fresh produce in Bedford
Dinner on the deck in Bedford
Nice dining neighbors while having…
Nice dining neighbors while havin…
Dinner on the deck in Bedford
Lovely sunset from our Walmart ove…
Lovely sunset from our Walmart ov…
Halifax