The final ties are gone

Capelle aan den IJssel Travel Blog

Just after getting back from wintersport in the Czech Republic I found out that my dog wasn't just feeling bad, but that he had an extremely aggressive form of cancer. Within a day of finding out I was at the pet doctor and my ex and I had to put him to sleep. It was an extremely emotional day that reminded me a lot about the day my brother died. But just as I had done then, I remembered all the good things about life instead of cursing death. And while I took a long walk back home I decided to go through with my plans for the trip to Asia.

2 weeks later I had had a talk with my boss about taking a 3 month leave, but we decided it would be better to quite the job and reapply when I came back to Holland. Initially I set a date for March 1, but after realising how much still needed to be done I found a tournament in Japan on March 27 and decided that that would be my first destination. The 3 months had already become 6 months or even more in my head so I decided to try and sell everything I had so I had no more ties with Holland, no financial obligations and could stay away for as long as I wanted.
Capelle aan den IJssel