The previous big adventure

Delft Travel Blog

My first adventures travel was a 5 week walk from Holland to Nice/Monaco, followed by a week of hitchhiking back. It was directly after taking my exams when I was 17 and it really was the most intense period of my life. I was leaving school, had to learn how to cook and take care of myself and be on my own for the first time in my life. I was physically fit and had a plan to walk for about 40 km every day and I did so for the most part. I really loved that trip and basically learned how to be independent and enjoy the world in those 6 weeks. Unfortunately back in Holland went horribly wrong when my little brother had a traffic accident and died soon after. I only found out about this after the funeral on my way back to Holland. After that I fulfilled my military duties where I learned how to be independent even more and met my girlfriend-to-be for 12 years, Sandra. I tried many studies (physics, economics, ICT) while having several jobs but instead of finishing just one of them I became a teacher and stopped studying. I went on some great vacations to Greece (sailing) and Egypt (Nile-cruise) but although Sandra and I tried camping and backpacking it wasn't her thing, just like hotels aren't mine.
Delft