My first trip, at age 7

Philippines Travel Blog

I can't remember much about my first trip to Manila at age 7, but I do remember the plane ride from Manila back to Cebu.  It was my first plane ride.  That was back in the days of the early 70's.  A night flight, that I can still vividly remember.  I don't know why, but it was just me, and my elder brother, aged 9 at that time.  Was there anyone else?  Gosh, I can't remember.  Maybe, we were accompanied by my aunt or uncle.  It was just too long ago to remember, but what I do recall is sitting at the very front row of the plane, watching the beautiful flight attendant.  The nice part was all the stewardesses were fussing about how cute I was and all that (at age 7, one can get away with almost anything).  I was showered with tons of candy, complimentary cards, and all that food.  Those were the days when give-aways were really something special.  Sadly, the flight was just an hour and everything went by so fast.  Gosh, I wonder who doesn't remember their first flight.  It was something I can fondly remember, although not all of it, but much of it, to this very day.