A long flight...

Melbourne Travel Blog

Today was the start of a six week adventure to Turkey and England.  My flight was at 4pm so I had a few hours to finish my packing.  Vaughan  took the day off so he could take me to the airport, sadly he couldn’t come with me on this trip as a new job meant not enough holiday’s!  So this trip was going to be a girls only holiday, I was going to be travelling with my friend and work colleague Zehra who was Turkish origin. I planned to spend about one month travelling with Zehra before heading to England to see family and friends.  Zehra had already left for Turkey a few days before and was catching up with family and I was meeting her in Istanbul.

We left at 2pm got there at 3pm and found that the travel agent had led me down the garden path of a time change to my flight. Flight Centre  had informed me a week earlier  that my flight had changed from 3pm to 4pm but the departure board had my flight at 3pm! I quickly checked in said a sad goodbye to hubby Vaughan then bolted though to the departure lounge!  I may as well not bothered to hurry as after boarding the plane and hour later we were still sitting on the tarmack as they had to change the aircrafts tyre!  The flight was long and on the second leg between KL and Istanbul I managed to get a couple of seats to myself after moving very quickly to a couple of vacant seats before takeoff!   I Ianded in a very wet and cold Istanbul 18 hours later.

Koralifix says:
Congrats on today's feature! Nicely done!
Posted on: Apr 17, 2010
sarahsan says:
Hi Jayne! Congrats on todays featured travel blog!
Posted on: Apr 17, 2010