Day 5

Sorrento Travel Blog

Off the coast of the Isle of Capri

I got up around 7:30am got in the shower and finalized my packing. I went and ate pound cake and cereal for the third day in a row. After breakfast we loaded up the bus and headed down the west coast of Italy to Napoli where we caught a ferry that took us to the Isle of Capri. It was about a hour ride on the ferry, when we arrived on the Isleof capri we jumped on a cable car that took us to the village of Capri. We ate at an Italian sports bar, where I had swordfish for the first time. We then rode the cable car back down to the port, where we then caught a mini-cruise ship that took us on a tour of the Isle of Capri via the water. On the cruise we went and looked at some of the most famous caves on the island, as well as, the arch that is the symbol of Capri.

On the top of Sorento
When we drove through it we all made a wish. The cruise took about fourty-five minutes total. When we got back to the island our guide took us to a liquor store, where a lot of us picked up either Lemoncello or Meloncello, both of which are the liquors of Italy. We had about twenty minutes to spend on the port, we then borded a different ferry that took us to Sorento. When we got to Sorento, we had two options, either take the bus to the top, or we could take the steps. I took the steps, so, I could get some sort of exercise. The ones who took the stairs actually beat the ones who took the city bus. We met up with the rest of our group and loaded up on our tour bus. We rode the bus for about two and a half hours to our hotel for the night. We got all of our luggage off the bus and had to wait in the lobby for almost 15 minutes, so, I grabbed my bags and started running up the stairs. Then I cam down and started taking other peoples bags, I was just doing to be nice but it earned me three free lunches and a two euro tip. After we all got settled in we had dinner and then some of us hung out in the atrium. I tried to go to sleep around midnight, but Bonnie, Morgan, and Syndel were out on the balcony talking to some Italian boys down on the street. I finally went to bed around 1:00am.

Naples