EuropeItalyRome

Day 2

Rome Travel Blog

Piazza Novana

I got off the plane at 9:00am in Rome, Italy we went through customs. After we got our bags, we met up with our tour guide Carolina and she took us to our bus. We got to our bus and met up with eleven people from Tennessee. We drove from the airport to our hotel which was out in the middle of nowhere. We got to our hotel and spent an hour getting in our rooms. We met up with a group of eight from Colorado. After we got settled in and freshened up we headed back in the heart of Rome. Our first stop was the Piazza Navona, where we got some lunch and saw some gypsies run from the cops. We spent about an hour in the Piazza, and then we headed down an alley. I thought that our tour guide was taking us on a wild goose chase, but we came up on Piazza S.

Pantheon
Eustachio where the Pantheon is located. This structure was so amazing being that it has a perfect dome. It also contained the graves of Italy's first two kings and the grave of Rapheal. We spent about fourty-five minutes inside and we made a bathroom stop in McDonald's, where they serve beer. After we weredone at the Pantheon we headed down another alley that lead us to Piazza Di Trevi where the Fontana Di Trevi is located. You are suppose to throw a coin over your shoulder into the fountain and you will come back to Rome. I didn't do it for the simple fact that I'm not supersticious, and if God wants me to go back to Rome he will provide the money and the oppurtunity. We spent about a hour at the fountain, and then we went and caught our bus to head back to our hotel. We got to our hotel and freshened up for dinner. We had a salad, pasta and beef for dinner. After dinner most of our group went to bed, but a few of us stayed up and talked. I went to bed around 1:00am.

Inside the Pantheon