Day 10

Mykonos Travel Blog

Mykinos, Greece

The group of eleven got up at 3:30am so they could be at the airport by 6:00am. I got up at 7:30am so I could get a shower before I finalized packing and headed down to breakfast. After breakfast we loaded the bus up with our bags and headed to the port so we could catch our cruise ship. We got to the port around 9:30am, and we waited in line for a hour and a half. We finally got to the security checkpoint, and Tyler from Colorado failed to tell the security that he had a samurai sword in his bag. So, they took him and checked him in by himself while the other three of us boarded together. We got settled into our cabin 2119, and headed up to the seventh floor for lunch, buffet style. We left and headed for the island Mykinos, Greece. While we were there a few in our group went on the excursion, while the rest of us just went into town and shopped. I think that Mykinos had the best Gyros on the whole trip. The island was covered in white buildings and is known for windmills that I didn't see. We headed back to the port where we boarded the ship and headed out on our overnight trip to the island of Rhodes. I ate at the buffet again for dinner and then went to the discoteca. I think they had the worst DJ I have ever heard. I have heard better stuff in Oklahoma and that not saying much. We made the best of it and stayed till they closed at 1:30am.

It a pelican