Know Where to go!

Ireland Travel Blog

When I thought of Ireland I figured it would be crazy partying because of the Irish drunk stereotype. Although there is no shortage of bars, it's mostly locals just relaxing in the pubs kicking back a few beers; it's not as insane as one might think. The best partying city I went to was Ennis. There is pub after pub and I liked it because the streets and architecture are very European, how I'd picture them to look in Amsterdam or Switzerland. Although Dublin is an amazing city, it reminds me a lot of Boston so I didn't feel that far away from the US when I was there. When you are in Dublin, make sure to go to the Guiness Brewery! Make it at the top of your list because it's amazing and the gravity bar at the top of the 7th story is so beautiful. It's very true that the Guiness tastes so much better there. The view of the city is great from there; the buildings are so old and beautiful you feel like you're in the industrial revolution! The Jameson distillery is pretty cool too if you get chosen to do a whiskey tasting (only 8 people get chosen per group so beg!) they certify you as an Irish whiskey taster and give you a cool certificate with your name on it :) Also, shopping in Dublin is great. If you are female make it to Ann Summers lingerie cuz it's cuter than Victoria's Secret and they don't have it in the US yet! blarney castle is nice but don't kiss the blarney stone cuz the locals piss on it. Kilkenny is a great town; beautiful churches and buildings and lots of bars and restaraunts. There's a large Italian population there and we found a nice little hole in the wall authentic italian place and it was great. The Rock of Cashel is beautiful, as well as the Cliffs of Moher. Beware of Cork if you're American; we found some really cool bars there but the locals were not fond of us Americans. They gave us wrong directions and were pretty rude overall. Don't go out alone there at night! It's a rough neighborhood.