Driving in Tuscany, Italy Part 2

Montespertoli Travel Blog

Montespertoli

Montespertoli, tucked in a brow of the Tuscany picturesque emerald hills covered by vineyards, olive groves, and sunflowers, was our first glimpse to one of the famous wine countries in Europe. We were about to retire from the long drive from Germany and the exciting Lamborghini factory visit. Agriturismo Farm Poni Hotel Montespertoli was our destination.

Agritourismo concept is very common here and it is the best way to enjoy Tuscany. The agritourismo accommodation can simply be described as a bed & breakfast owned and operated by a farm owner. Our host guided us through the main 17th century estate complex where she showed us their collection of wines and extra virgin olive oil.

Montespertoli
There was no broadband internet. But who needed one when the view from the living room and bedroom windows was the vast rows of vineyards and olive groves on green rolling hills accentuated by Italian farm houses and villas. The evening spring sunset gave an orange glow on the horizon while the waking moon highlighted the deep dark blue sky on the opposite side. Sitting on the reclined garden chair before this calming picture, I sensed every part of my body relaxing and I drifted away into blissfulness...

SR 222

The morning sun did not shine on my face. The roasters did not wake me up. It was my intrusive alarm from my mobile phone that did it. This place was just too tranquil to do anything this early. But we were on a mission; to enjoy the driving vacation under the Tuscan sun.
SR 222

SR 222 goes through the wine region of Tuscany. No wonder the Italian loves to make sports cars. Roads like this are their source of inspiration. The mesmerizing rolling hills, the fast switch backs, and the occasional exhilarating hairpins are all can be found here with the postcard-like scenery. Imagine if you have been towing a two ton weight and then all of the sudden that weight disappears. All of the energy used to carry the enormous weight is now available at your disposal to be used for whatever your heart desires. And that's what I had to unleash on these Tuscan roads...

andreas@driving-vacation.com
Montespertoli Hotels & Accommodations review
Our two bedroom faulted ceiling apartment was very comfortable and filled with common amenities and Italian furniture. There was no broadband internet… read entire review
photo by: carolaperla