Insane!!

Scotland Travel Blog

If you are going to go to Edinburgh, I highly recommend going in August during both the Military Tattoo and various music festivals going on. I haven't been there during any other time, but when I was there it was insane. There were street performers everywhere, and an awesome parade with performers from all over the world. Even without the performers the city is amazing; the architecture is incredible and there is no shortage of bars or things to do. Climbing Arthurs Seat, the mountain where the legend of the sword and the stone was said to have happened, is a very difficult hike but it is fun. Edinburgh Castle is absolutely amazing; i was so sad that they didn't let me take pictures inside because it is absolutely amazing. The most beautiful part of Scotland by far is Glencoe, a place where they filmed parts of Harry Potter. If you are going to go to Scotland make sure you make it to Glencoe! The hills and waterfalls don't even look real they are so beautiful. I went there to party, not look at nature, and I still say it's the most important thing to do when you are there! Glasgow is fun, but most of the city closes up pretty early. I enjoyed Edinburgh more, but I still had a good time there. We were on a tour group, which I normally don't advocate, but we saw a lot because we started in Edinburgh then traveled through the beautiful highlands through battlefields and past loch ness and loch lomond and finished our trip in Glasgow. I don't know how much it would be to do this trek on your own, but I thought all of it was worth seeing.