Marrakesh

Marrakech Travel Blog

Snakes!
In the morning I had a shower before heading down to the social area of the riad for breakfast. It was 30 dirhams for coffee, bread, crepes and honey and marmalade with a glass of orange and it all went down really well.

After breakfast I walked into the square and enjoyed looking at the plants and flowers until once again I was asked if I wanted to buy some hashish! In the square I decided to risk taking a few pictures of the snake charmers but was promptly caught and made to couple out into the middle for a proper picture and charged 200 dirham but luckily I was able to only pay 100. The experience was quite good and although it was a bit of money its quite a cool picture and the charmer said a blessing using the snake's head so hopefully I will have a bit of extra luck.

I walked towards the mosque and sat in an orange grove reading before heading back to the cafe I had enjoyed a mint tea in on the first day near the roundabout and overlooking the mosque.

The airport
I decided I would need the remainder of the money I had in my wallet to buy some food and water in the airport and so walked the 6km to the airport.

It is quite a pleasant walk and I walked outside the Medina walls and along the footpaths that have fountains in the middle and plenty of flowers. When I got to the airport I thought about heading into the town that lies next to it but thought better of it. The airport itself is small but has enough facilities and a nice open space area with painting and small shops. I crossed though into security which as when coming in took a very long time (about 40-50 minutes) and caught my flight home to the UK at 18:30.

The medina walls