Hit the park before the ride

New York Travel Blog

Central park... so peaceful inside a busy world

The next morning after taking advantage of the complimentry breakfast offered at the Marriott hotel, we headed to NYC to get some sites in before I had to be on the bus back to Washington DC. Unfortunately instead of taking the subway in, we drove around NYC for hours  looking for a parking spot. We never found one but instead saw the city through car windows and went in dozens of circles. You aren't suppose to drive in NYC, always take the subway, it's easier and in many ways safer. We finally agreed to park the car in the Bronx and take the subway in. With only an hour or so left, we got off at Central Park and walked around. I've been to NYC a couple of times now, but never had a chance to see Central Park, so for me it was pretty exciting to see the oasis tucked inside the city that never sleeps.

my friend being camera shy
I loved the green that was in full blossom, and the great big trees casting shadows above us. I didn't know there was a lake inside the park, or that it was so big.

It was a quick couple of days in NYC.. if I had planned it better or been there longer, I would have gone and seen the Metropolitain museum, or the whitney---or any art museum because NYC has a great collection---and i'm very sorry that I didn't get a chance to see the exhibit on Lucy, our oldest ancester...but all of that (except for Lucy, I don't think she's there anymore) is on the itinerary for my next trip to NYC- and hopefully i'll be there longer, and won't get stuck in circles.

The Bus ride back to Washington DC was just as great as it was up there. Quick, quiet and pleasant. I highly recommend Hola Bus or another "China bus" company if you planned to visit NYC from D.C.

Central park... so peaceful inside…
Central park... so peaceful insid…
central park