Au Revior London

Bristol Travel Blog

The Electric Beast. £80 for a tank of petrol; 320 miles range. Bye, bye environmental credentials.
Return of the Tots
Readers of my Costa Rica blog will remember Tots, who visited me in Central America before Christmas, 2006.  Well, now he pops up again.  Wish him a hearty "hello" please.

Tots will be joined on a UK soiree by Ian and Matt.  But that is later.  For the moment, I left London in a ridiculous vehicle (pictured) at around 18:05 hours.  There is a car hire place next to my workplace, which is very handy.  I'd booked a Renault Espace or something.  However it broke, so they gave me this behemoth.  Now, the Chrysler Grand Voyager is nothing if not swish.  Most doors are electric, it has seat warmers and, in this case, broken electric wing mirrors. They had the annoying trait of folding in whenever the driver dor was opened and then not folding out again.  Hey ho. Still, it had cruise control and, as an automatic, no clutch.  This meant motorway driving is simply a matter of turning the steering wheel until things get dangerous. Joy.

Like all good Englishmen, I arrived late and we promptly decamped to the pub for vittles and beer. This will become a theme over the next ten days.
The Electric Beast. £80 for a tan…
The Electric Beast. £80 for a ta…
photo by: petit_gooroo