On the train to Munich

Munich Travel Blog

Train ride through the Alps

Left Bologna around 11:17, on our way to Munich Germany!  Can’t wait for more German beer and sausage.

The Alps are great.  Took some pictures, but haven’t seen anything real awesome yet.

Train is long.  Lindy is hungry but there is no food to buy.

Bathrooms on trains are really bad.  Just a hold going down the tracks.  Worse for Lindy than for me I’m afraid.

Arrival and went around Munich.  I also got a new watch!

Lindy’s Comments

Today we slept in and then ate a lovely breakfast, lots of choices!, and walked to the train station to catch our 11:17 am train to Munchen.  This was going to be a 7 hour train ride but it was through the Alps!  I napped for a while and then starred at the Alps for a while.  Around Innsbruck I was done with the train!  But finally we made it to Munchen! :)  We hopped on the very efficient and convenient metro system straight to our hotel.  We are about a 8 minute metro ride and 5 minute walk from the main square, Marienplatz.  So we checked in, our room is good sized and the bed comfortable.  We also have free internet but breakfast is too expensive for us!  After checking in we took the metro to Marienplatz.  Here we wandered around the square, Derek bought a Swatch for himself, and then we had a lovely German dinner.  It was cold in Germany too!  Brr...no sun = cold for Lindy.

photo by: AleksandraEa