Trail hiking

Riomaggiore Travel Blog

Not much happened today.  We took a train to Riomaggiore and visited shops, then took walking trails to both Manarola and Corniglia.  Lindy wanted to swim so we did that for a while back in Vernazza.  The boat trip was cancelled again tonight so we tried a new restaurant.  I got pesto and pasta with a margarita pizza.  Lindy got a raw grilled fish!  My meal was awesome!

Lindy’s comment

Today we bummed around the Cinque Terre.  We didn’t get to go on our dinner cruise but we had a lovely dinner in Vernazza.

The weather was perfect and the sea calm so it was gorgeous all day!

We started out taking the train to Riomaggiore where we tried to go to the Nature Center, and I made it to the steps that went on forever, and gave up.  We wandered around and decided to do the easy hike to Manarola.  We Manarola we ate a lunch of pizza and wandered more.  We then hiked to Corniglia which was the longest hike today.  We never made it in the city because there were tons of stairs and the train station was where we were, at the bottom.  We then trained back to Vernazza where we rested and I decided I wanted to go swimming.  So we went swimming and lounged around in the water.  After this we showered and headed to dinner.  I had salmon pasta and an entire fish!  Eyeballs and all were attached but it was good, no clue what kind it was.  Now we are in our room relaxing and listening to the sea.

photo by: Grpablo