Munich, beer and train to Berlin

Munich Travel Blog

Today we went on the third Reich tour.  It was fairly informative, but about half was a repeat of the free tour.  It was interesting to see that Munich chooses not to have large memorials for those people that were killed under Hitler.

We spent most of the afternoon shopping.  Lindy found some new shoes and such.

Around 6 pm we did the beer tour.  I was proud of Lindy because she was able to drink some of her beer, but I went a little overboard with more than 2.5 liters of alcohol.  We met an Australian couple Opal an Chris who were very nice, and we talked to them all night.  We finally ended up on the night train back to Berlin.

It was a better night train this time, but as always they all suck.

Lindy’s Comments

So we woke up today and it was raining more than it had all trip and it was cold!  Well we decided to brave it and do a bit of shopping and then go on a 3rd Reich Tour of the city.  We spent about 3 hours seeing memorials and old Nazi buildings around Munich.  Well we ended that in Konigsplatz so we stuck around and took some photos of the old square then went into Munich to do more shopping because it was raining again and the museum I wanted to go to was closed.  I bought a pair of Birkenstocks and that was it.  We then headed to the train station to eat an early dinner before the 6pm pub crawl tour we were going on.  The tour started at the Hofbrauhus and then we went across the street then we walked south to the cute pub that had a couple playing instruments that played a bunch of songs for all of use.  By now we had to leave to get on our night train to Berlin.  This train was pretty and we had bunk beds that were enclosed and away from other people.  We actually really like it as a layout.

Memorials in Munich