Tuesday, July 6th - Day 3 - Jasper - Such Beauty

Jasper Travel Blog

No update for day 2 because I ended up sticking around Edmonton for another day. But the ride to Jasper on highway 16.... wow... not an exciting highway by any means, but the view... slowly (or rather speedily at times) making my way into the foothills, and then the mountains... So beautiful... I took so many pictures, lol.. shamefully most are of mountains or something.. but with my bike in the foreground, lol

Got into town and did some calisthenics in the park, then washed the bike up a bit, or at least to get the bugs off, and then went to dinner at Fiddle River.. not recommending it. Downstream though is awesome and serves an AMAZING elk burger!! I should have went back!!

Anyway, although it's only been one day, it's hightime I include a pic of the bike... with the inclusion of mother nature's splendor.

I was also going to stay in a hostel but it was full so I got a room at the Athabasca Hotel.. it's shared bathrooms.. but pretty nice. whatever, beats being homeless!

Yeah I am so thankful I can do this trip. I spent a lot of time back in the day complaining about where I work and where I live and that work wasn't rewarding enough... but it's provided me the funding, and the vacation, to do what I am now doing. Not many could get this chance so I am so grateful.

And tomorrow morning a buddy and his brand new fiance arrive in town on their way back home from their own awesome vacation so we're gonna meet for breakfast!
photo by: marg_eric