Portugal on the road

Lisbon Travel Blog

"obrigado,obrigado,obrigado" that s what I will always remember of my week in portugal.
it means just "thank you" but it sounds so "medieval" and ultra-polite to me, like a continuous "obliged", that it gives the idea of a culture with mores and traditions that history somehow confined to the west of europe.
we stayed 2 days in Lisbon then rented a car for a coast-coast ride down to algarve and faro. By chance that weekend was the "Fala tunas" competition: university students teams from across the country met the for a folkloristic live songs competition. From noon in the streets till night in the city theatre, bands of guys wearing a funny uniform kept playing, singing and dancing with no rest. We just had so much fun! I d probably have been a boring sat night in town without them.

no need to say everything was excellent and very cheap (food,resorts, services overall).
the beaches too, altought I expected a continuous endless stretch. which is not the case as u drive and hop from one to another thanks to a GPA navigator (real protagonist of my holiday, i d have wasted hors without it!)
some of them resemble the irish cliffs, others are more tan-friendly, surfers tends and caravans around Sagre. No chances to di any kitesurfing , unfortunately (north it s better for that, I ve been told).
always u ll easily find a way to make urself comfortable and just relax :)
A cannot miss experience: the pasteis de Belem, a crispy hot cream and cinnamon dessert. Best pastry ever, it's in the Belem area. This huge tea-room serves industrial quantities of pastries to customers from all over the world. They claim to be on business since 1837; I didn't find it had to believe. rua de belem 84, Lisbon

"Adeu " Travbuddies! :)