Coasting along the Carolinas

Atlantic Ocean Travel Blog

Lido entertainment

Saturday was a sea day as Carnival Pride made its way back along the Carolinas to Virginia and the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay. One very enjoyable activity was the Geography Trivia game. Susan and I simply demolished the competition and won a Carnival game medal! The host wanted to know how I knew so much about geography. I've always enjoyed it, as I told him.

No flying fish were sighted as we had seen in the Atlantic aboard Carnival Miracle. But, we were much closer to shore this time. I did spot a US Navy ship and an oil platform off the North Carolina coast during the course of the day.

For our last evening at sea, Susan and I had decided to have dinner at David's Steakhouse, the speciality retaurant on Carnival Pride.

Waiters having a good time
There is an extra charge for Carnival's speciality retaurants, but we wanted to enjoy the food and service. I ordered a Filet Mignon, beginning with Lobster Bique and a Caesar Salad. Susan ordered Lobster Tail. It was an exellent meal!

About 6:00 p.m., there was a general announcement that the ship would be delayed about three hours arriving in Baltimore due to weather conditions. Indeed, the sea became more choppy as the evening wore on and the ship began to roll as it had the first day out. The ship entered the Chesapeake Bay at 12:55 a.m. as we passed Cape Henry Lighthouse at Virginia Beach. At 1:10 a.m. we we passing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel, over which Susan and I had driven on our September road trip. As passenges slept, the ship made its way quietly up the Chesapeake Bay towards Baltimore.

X_Drive says:
This looks to have been a very nice cruise. Thanks for sharing all the information! :D
Posted on: May 01, 2010
Filet Mignon at Davids
Filet Mignon at David's
Cheesecake at Davids
Cheesecake at David's
Towel Animal (Seal) with Carnival …
Towel Animal (Seal) with Carnival…
Funnel at night