Lake Sevan.

Sevan Travel Blog

The hostel was fully booked for the night of May 25, because of group of Georgians coming to see a Deep Purple concert in Yerevan.  So I decided to leave Yerevan again, but this time on my own.  I woke up early to catch a marshrutka (shared taxi) to Sevan, about an hour away from Yerevan.  The marshrutka dropped far away from the lakeshore.  I ran away from the taxi drivers originally, but then one followed me on foor to a cafe.  I gave in and paid the 4 dollars for him to find me a guesthouse/campsite.  I ended up staying in a family-run campsite with cottages (ugly trailers).  I think I was the only one in the cottages, because it was still early season.
  My cottage had 4 beds and a space heater, but no running water.  The manager told he would get his "workers" to come and clean up the cottage a bit.  Unsurprisingly, the workers turned out to be his mother and wife.
      I took a little nap, and then made my way up the hill to Sevan monastery.  It was cold and clear, and the view of the monastry with Lake Sevan and the mountiains in the background was stunning.  Dinner should have been unevenful, but a fw men from the village invited me two help them finish their second bottle of vodka.  I asked them what they were celebrating, and they laughed.  They weren't celebrating anything.  After a couple of the usual toasts, they stumbled into a taxicab.  Only one more full day in Armenia left.
Monastery.