Rotorua Travel Blog

Sky Tower

Sitting at Christchurch airport waiting for my flight to Auckland.  I feel so much better today then yesterday - well I did sleep for 10 hours.  I just went up to the viewing deck here at  Christchurch airport and i could have easily spent a couple of hours up there - I think it just creates excitment in me - to get the feeling that your going away somewhere even if your not!

At the moment Im trying to ring through to my boyfriend, now that I finally have access to a phone that accepts coins - every and i mean 99.9% of phones in New Zealand only accepts cards - and because I was only trying to ring one person, its not worth getting one.  Its so fustrating especially seeing its his birthday - grrrrr.

Albert Park
  Ill try again once I land in Auckland.  Anyway bout to board my flight, write again later.

I arrived in Auckland about an hour ago and Im now sitting in Albert Park with fantastic weather!  First impressions of Auckland - beautifull but hilly!  I think its even hiller then Sydney!  From getting off the Airbus - which by the way cost $16 (cheapest ticket in town the driver told me - I thought it was outragous!)  I walked up block up Queen Street - and let me tell you it nearly killed me with my 10kg pack on my back.  Once I got to Sky City I was told I can leave my bag there untill 4pm ($5) untill I get my bus to Rotorua.  So here I am with the lovely sun bearing down on me which is what I need after a chilly 5 days in Christchurch - hell i might even get some colour!

Arrived in Rotorua and the smell is not as bad as what everyone has said.  Spose I'll get a better idea tomorrow.  So I arrived at the hostel and I have to say its very noisy - but thats what you get for $30 a night for a single room.  The staff are really nice though.  The manager was trying to sell me a tour to Wai-Toupi Thermal Village for $60.  Thats all well and good but when your on a very tight budget liek me thats a lot.

Anyway off to bed!

On my way to Rotorua
Auckland looking towards Albert Pa…
Auckland looking towards Albert P…
Rotorua