Auckland Travel Blog

 › entry 7 of 11 › view all entries

Yay!!  Made it to Auckland after a very long bus trip.  Woke up this morning very early again (5.30am!) I couldnt get back to sleep so after about an hour so I started to pack my bag and started researching about what i was going to do in Auckland.  When it got to about 8am I left the hostel and found a cafe to have breakfast - so over McDonalds if I eat anymore I'll be sick!  I still had an hour or so before my bus left so i decided to head down to Lake Rotorua - I might just add by this stage my back was killing me (hmmm, might get a new one i think!).  The weather again was gorgeous so again I just did some reading.  As I was sitting there, along the lake side, this whole pack of geese came waddeling along, fighting with each other - i couldnt help but laugh - it was halarious!  As I make my way up to Town Hall,I wrote out some postcards and got on my bus.  Instead of going directly to Auckland, they decided to split the trip in two - Rotorua to Hamilton and then Hamilton to Auckland.  The first half was great - almost empty so I had the seat next to me free to put my bag etc.  The other half was pack, I got the second last seat on the bus.  Although the trip was O.K, I got a massive headacde on the way - felt so sick (even up untill a couple of hrs ago - now its 10pm at night).  Once I got off the bus, I made my way to the hotel - which was easy enough to find and I had a long shower and went for a nap hoping to feel a bit better.  I ended up napping for about 2 hours and got woken up by some party animals downstairs (again another hotel which dosnt block out the noise that well).  The hotel isnt that bad I have my own bathroom, T.V, bar fridge (which actually started leaking on my second last day) and Im stocked up with tea and coffee. 

So now I hope to get a good nights sleep and looking forward to tomorrow.  Oh what to do??!!!

Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
photo by: Fulla