My first international travel - Bangkok, Thailand

Bangkok Travel Blog

Finally one of my greatest dreams was realized. I used to dream of travelling abroad and just early this year it came true. It was my first international travel ever made and I am still looking forward for more travels in the next years. Well these are the highlights of my travel.

·         First international travel, but we just decided in Thailand coz it is cheaper than in Hongkong.

·          I was with my great friends.

·         First travel with the PAL (Philippine Airlines) but just in Tacloban to Manila vice-versa , coz I usually travel with the Cebu Pacific. Well now  I could say that PAL is better than CEB.

·         Bangkok International Airport  is the best airport I have seen so far, and the Tacloban Airport is indeed the worst airport ever.

·         March 7: Arrival in BKK airport but we just stayed at the airport in few hours coz we haven’t decided yet which hotel should we check in.

·         We could hardly ask from the airport staff coz they could hardly speak English.

·         Kao San Road and ____  (i forgot the other road, poor memory)  are great roads for backpackers. There were plenty of foreigners, and I guess mostly Europeans and Americans. But I guess I would suggest to stay in the other road than Kao San coz quite peaceful.

·         Spicy food, really really spicy but still I like it. No wonder there are only few fat Thai people.

·         Plenty of temples, but we just visited only few.

·         On the first day, we visited the Marble temple in the morning for only 20 bhat admission. Then in the afternoon we went to Dusit Zoo which cost us 100Bhat entrance fee. I like the zoo coz I have seen the real elephant, giraffe, tigers, a lot of snakes, etc.

·         On the second day was quite a bad day coz of misunderstanding with the team, but i still went to the Grand Palace all by myself.

·         On the third day, we decided to go to the Floating market but we could hardly ask Thai for direction and even for landmarks like for the Southern Bus Station, we asked roughly 10 Thais but they could hardly understand in English so fortunately we bumped in a travel  agency so we just asked for the price of going to the floating Market and Ayutthaya.  In the afternoon, I went to the Grand Palace again but this time I was with my friends already and my camera.

·         Since we have booked in a travel agency already, we went to Ayutthaya on the 4th day. Ayutthaya was really such a nice place most especially if u appreciate the history and landmarks. (600bhat for whole day trip inclusive of simple lunch)

·         On the 5th day in the morning, we went to the floating market in Damneun Saduak , exciting riding a boat. (300 bhat for the half day trip to this market).

·         Almost every night, we also go to the markets for shopping like the Patpong, Lumpini, Siam Paragon, MBK.

·         Beware of harsh sellers  and very high prices in Patpong and Lumpini Markets most especially if they knew u are a foreigner. The sellers are really harsh and rude. They really give you  very high price, like the keychain which actually cost 100 bhat  for 6pcs already, but at first they will sell it to 450 bhat or worse is 100 per piece, unless u really haggle. Also with the tshirts, at first they will sell it 200-280, but u can actually get it for only 80-100 if u haggle or if u go to the malls like the MBK much better.

·         Siam paragon is better or maybe best place for shopping if u are into signature products and relaxing shopping but of course it is quite expensive.

Prostitution in Thailand is illegal but I guess it is tolerated. There were plenty of bars offering plenty of shows, and in fact other bars were almost open already I mean their doors are widely open already and we could see the girls wearing just bra and panty dancing the poles at the stage. And when we were walking going to the Lumpini market, there were also girls or maybe gays along the streets for pick-up. I am not really sure if they were really real girls coz knowing Thailand is the place for cheaper surgery for transvestites.

sullyscoops003 says:
hi, im just back from thailand aswell. i miss it so much. gonna start planning a trip back real soon. this time i also want to go to the philippines. also vietnam
Posted on: Mar 30, 2010