AsiaTaiwanTaipei

Worst Burger King in the World

Taipei Travel Blog

I recently spent a fantastic three month’s in Taiwan, what a great country.

I made a promise that I would not eat any western food whilst there. I would immerse myself in the local culture and food.

On my departure I saw the BURGER KING sign at the airport and decided to have one of my all time favourite foods a Burger King Whopper with extra cheese, this would  start my transmission back to western lifestyle, I love Burger King, Or Hungry Jacks as they call them in my country (Australia). Well what a horrible foul experience the BURGER KING at Taipei airport was.

On of the great things about Burger King is they make the burgers fresh, and to your requirements. The lazy woman working behind the counter would not take an order from us. (My GF is from Taiwan so the language was not an issue). I wanted extra cheese on my burger, she told us we can only select from the already made burgers in a dirty tray on the counter. Whilst ordering two other customers also asked for burgers with special requirements, no pickle and extra bacon, all of who were refused, the same as us by the lazy woman in the kitchen.

I selected a standard Whopper (there were no cheese ones) from the McDonalds looking tray. My GF selected the chicken legs. When I opened the burger it was all soggy and looked like it had been sitting in the tray for a long time. The chicken legs were all dry and looked disgusting.

I complained to the staff who just ignored our requests to make a fresh burger, and just told us to select from the pre-made burgers in the tray. I noticed on my way out of the restaurant that a few other customers had also left parts of the burgers un-eaten on the tables (I have never seen this in a yummy Burger King shop before), I refused to eat any of mine, and my GF only had a couple of bites of the chicken legs.

My recommendation is go see Taiwan it is a great country, but stay as far away from Burger King Taipei airport as you can, it is worst than McDonalds , and by far the worst Burger King shop I have ever been to anywhere in the world