AsiaJapanOsaka

Osaka

Osaka Travel Blog

Although it was nice to be pampered by family for the first few days of my holiday, I was relieved to be starting the adventure with my friend, Sara. We met up and swapped stories and photos from our 3 days apart. Since it was our first night together in a foreign country we decided to go out and have some fun. We set out to find a night market not far from our hostel. After a good half an hour of walking around a dead neighborhood that just looked like a business district we gave up and found an Irish Pub (using our trusty Lonely Planet guide book)

The next day we went to Umeda Sky Building in the morning which was nothing special then did Universal Studios in half a day. Went on all the rides but some of them were closed. It was great because it was not busy at all. At night we went shopping in Dotombori.

On our last day in this area we went to Kyoto - one temple was enough for us. We followed Lonely Planets tour on foot and it lead us to a gorgeous little street with traditional teahouses and selling all things touristy. Even caught site of a couple of geisha's! Made our way back to Osaka where we found America Mura and almost got swindled into paying a ridiculous amount of money for a few strips of beef. More shopping and I also got some cheap prescription glasses and had an optometrist appointment where the guy didn't speak a word of English and I couldn't scrape 2 words of Japanese together  - it was interesting but we managed nicely :)
Osaka