AsiaIndiaAgra

A dream come true

Agra Travel Blog

We checked out of the hotel and got ready for the drive to Agra. This was the day I had been waiting for and I was so excited!
We got to the hotel in Agra, Jaypee Palace hotel and had 40 minutes for lunch before we had to head out again. I really wanted to change clothes before we went out again, and they made sure the suitcases would be at our rooms after we finished our lunch. I got up to the room and there were of course no suitcases there. I ran down to get it, but I could not take it myself, somebody had to bring it to my room. I explained that I had to leave really soon, and really needed suitcase now, but I could not take it. Luckily, after just a few minutes it knocked on the door, so I had time to change before we were going sightseeing.

First stop that day was Agra Fort. It was a very impressive fort, but I most say I was more fascinated with the monkeys there and excited about the next stop, so I didn't pay that much attention to our guide, but it was really nice.
So, finally, we went to Taj Mahal. Taj Mahal is something I have been wanting to see for as long as I can remember, and I was kind of worried that I would be disappointed, since I was so excited. However, when I got there, my hart was racing when we saw the entrance, and there it was... It was beautiful, so beautiful that it almost looked like a painting. There were a lot of people there, but I don't think it mattered at all, on pictures they don't take the focus away from Taj Mahal at all(how could it?!). The only thing was when we wanted to take a picture right in front of it by the entrance, there were some french people that took forever to take their picture and when you know there are many other people wanting to do the same, you should hurry up.

We starting walking towards the building and suddenly and Indian guy came up to me and wanted to show me a place to take a very nice picture. I followed and got some amazing shots! He continued to take me to new places to take pictures, so I of course figured that this guy was working for tips, but I didn't really care because he showed be good places to take pictures. When he was done I gave him 100 rupees (about $2) which is actually quite a lot in India since most of the time we tip, we give 10 rupees, but he wanted one more, so I gave him 200. It wasn't more than $4 so I thought it was alright, but some were scammed and almost didn't get their camera back until they gave them 500rupies tips, which is way to much, so  you should be aware of these "photographers" and ask how much they want first.
But this was an amazing experience, and I think that even if I wouldn't have liked India, going to see Taj Mahal would have made the trip worth it!

Back at the hotel we had dinner outside by the pool.They had some sort of buffet, but since we weren't that hungry (and it was quite expensive, at least for being in India), they just took a few dishes away and made the price cheaper for us. That's service!
Agra Hotels & Accommodations review
I only stayed here on night, but it was a very nice, big and impressive hotel. The food was not as good as it should have been for this type of hote… read entire review
Agra