White Maasai

Nairobi Travel Blog

Jennifer and me

Sept. 22: Today, I woke up at a reasonable hour, but of course thats after being woken up at about 4:30 by the birds. I hung out with Jennifer this morning. Talking is fairly difficult with the language barrier so hanging out pretty much just means sitting next to each other in silence punctuated occasionally by me asking a question or something. Shes very nice, but shy. I ended up buying some jewelry from her and some of the warriors. Its amazing, the things they make. I wish it were fashionable in the west so I could wear more of it, but I still got some bracelets and a necklace. Some of the jewelry was given to me. I also bought a kanga, which is just the wrap that the women wear, from Jennifer.
Later, I thought the warriors were going to dance but Kakuta, Quenya, and Lepoppet got to camp too late because the truck got stuck in the sand in the riverbed and they had to push it out. So we just went to bed. Im having a hard time balancing my sadness for leaving Merueshi and my excitement about Paris. I really could have stayed here for a while. It feels like Ive been here forever. I really cant wait to come back again!
White Maasai!