Day 13: Staying with George and Titi

Sofia Travel Blog

view from the apartment - not a bad view at all, me thinks
People I met here and/or traveled with: George, Titi & Valentin (Bulgaria)

George is an avid reader of the music website I write for, the Dutch Progressive Rock Page. I met him and his wife Titi a few years ago at a festival in Germany and ever since has he been asking when I would come visit them in Bulgaria. My original, very first draft of the route for this journey included the Balkans as well, but I quickly let go of that idea due to time constraints, much to the disappointment of George.
But that was resolved now. When my flight from Chişinău got cancelled the choice had been very easy: let's go to Sofia and spend a few days with George and Titi.

At 5:45 the train rolled in to Sofia central station and George was already waiting for me at the platform. Poor guy, he had had to get up ridiculously early to pick me up.
We drove to his apartment just outside of the city centre, where I was greeted by his wife Titi and their son Valentine.

They welcomed me with a sumptuous breakfast of traditional Balkan puff pastry with cheese and herbs. All freshly baked, this was absolutely delicious. What a great welcome!
view from the apartment - not a ba…
view from the apartment - not a b…
photo by: Luci26