0606 One Last Alpine Town (Ita 085—new)

Ponte Nossa Travel Blog

In Ponte Nossa, I finally have an audience.  A frail old fellow, maybe in his eighties, sees me playing and comes to listen--  and then sing a couple oldies songs from the sixties as I play along.  It’s a pleasant little encounter--  a nice way to end a beautiful day parkbenching the Alps.

Other than that, there’s an old waterwheel, a ancient medieval church, and great views of mountains all around here in Ponte Nossa.  It’s been a great day--  seeing how humans and nature are able to coexist peacefully in one of the most beautiful regions in the world.

I head on back to Gazzanega and on towards Bergamo.  But before I call it a day, I’ve got a couple of revisits to do.  Remember back in October when I got rid of my guitar and took video clips in my last 3 towns scraping my water bottle as an instrument?  Well, that’s never set quite right--  I’ve always felt that I need to get back a do those towns again… and today is my chance.

So I hop on a bus down to Albino, and then catch the train from there to Nembro and then on to Alsano Lombardo, playing a quick session and taking a video clip in each town.  Feels much better now… no more “half done” towns…

Then from there I take the train on down to Bergamo, find a hostel room, and decide to call it a night.

Ponte Nossa