0582 Five Layer Freeway Interchange (USA 101—new)

Del Aire Travel Blog

I’ve got a good couple of hours before my flight to Tucson, and I’m not going to let a minute of that go to waste.  So I head out before dawn to see what other suburbs there are to explore.  This time I head straight south, under the freeway, down a quiet, peaceful stretch which gives me a great view of a row of palm trees with the sunrise in the background.

I veer off left the first chance I get into residential neighbourhood, which apparently is an independent town called “Del Air”.  This is a much more typical looking neighbourhood with standard, single storey homes, rather than the interesting southwest style houses of Inglewood.  A very safe, generic feel here--  in fact, you feel like this could be anywhere in suburbia, USA.

Nothing much too discover here--  just a school and houses.  I have to settle on a bus stop bench for playing my set.  Just one old man out for an morning walk, goes by and says hello.

On the northeast corner of Del Air, is the massive 5 layer intersection of two freeways and two boulevards, which certainly deserves a video clip--  if I can just find an angle that does it justice… It is a monument of sorts to the god of Convenience--  which apparently is worshiped here in this country.

Del Aire