Where It All Began!

Bernay Travel Blog

Although I don't recall I received my first Passport as a toddler probably around 1959 -1961 living in France.

My mother brought me to USA leaving her family to be with her American husband who was still in the military. We lived in a city called Oxnard, California before moving to Los Angeles where she died when I was 13 years. My three siblings and I grew up with our father....that's another story in a different setting. Other than my mother going to France a few times and my Grandmother coming to the States twice I never knew anyone who had traveled more than within America until I met my French cousins who valued travel and had been many places and spoke several languages.

The first visit I had already expanded my comfort zone by going there and did not want to venture out more. It was not until after I got out of the military that I really got that it is an educational, experiential, and fun way to live life.

Family is very important to me. Once I made the connection with the French family I was able to get my siblings to join me and one of my father's brothers who really enjoy himself. I am always wanting to connect people and even til this day I meet more and more cousins. I am proud to be a connection point. My rewards is TRAVEL!