EuropeFranceAgen

Spending Time with My French Uncle

Agen Travel Blog

Over the years I have met and continue to meet family members on my French side. I must extend my deep appreciation for two cousins for there communication with me made it possible for me to connect with the rest of the family. My cousins Isabelle and Thierry both speak English. They would write me with news (before internet) of family and I would share my plan on coming there. When I arrived my heart was warm with knowing of my family.

The person I spent probably the most time with was my Uncle Yves. He is my mother's  youngest brother. In the early days working in the moving business in Paris I tagged along with him on many jobs working all over the country. I made some pretty good money too at the time but just spending this kind of time was its reward within in itself.

A funny thing is that he does not speak English but we just know, a very deep and special connection. I love my Uncle very much. He showed me life as a Frenchmen and many life lessons. Many years later most of my time included this Uncle, it just worked out that way. Now he lives in Sainte Croix near Agen. It is peaceful and life is slower here. Nice place to recharge myself allow my travels.

One of my greatest pleasure is when I felt I was giving back to my Uncle Yves for all the years of contribution he has been to me and that is to share my gift of massage and have given him a variety of sessions depending on where I was in my studies. Actually I had bought a massage table leaving it there to work on family and friends. I look forward to doing some Thai Massage with him on my upcoming visit.
magnificent says:
Especially after undertaking studying an unfamiliar modality. It is a passion and I don't focus on it as work or to earn money....although I did years ago. I enjoy connecting with people in this way knowing that I can create space for healing!
Posted on: May 17, 2010
magnificent says:
hmmmmm, another massage opportunity????
Posted on: May 16, 2010
magnificent says:
Yes Harriet the same for me my mothers softer side made the difference and that is what helped even after her death. Thanks for your supportive comments. :)
Posted on: Mar 28, 2010