Celebrating My Aunt Monique's 80th

Paris Travel Blog

A nurturing figure from my young adult life is my mother's sister Monique. She is caring, loving, and a good cook. I've spent many of my European travels visiting her and her friends, very nice people. Through her I was able to meet and continue to meet relatives deeper down the line. She doesn't speak English but I know enough French to express myself (I could use improvement). She lives in the Normandy region of France. This is where our family originated. Through my contact with her and other family I've been able to see France..

In September 2008 after leaving the south winding down my trip I went to my cousin home just outside of Paris and joined other family and friends. While we were having a wonderful afternoon of lunch and laughs we discussed that her birthday was in a few days and the brainstorming began. She was not warmed to the idea but we persuaded her and it was set. I was on a tight schedule with only several days left needing to fly out of Amsterdam but stopping to see my niece in Belgium for a few days first. I had a paid reservation for the train but took the lost to change to leave the day after the party so I can be there during the Fete!

It was a great time!!! Our African friend and a buddy of my cousin played music, my cousin made this delicious concoction of a variety of citrus juices and alcohol (I enjoyed it so much that I did not want champagne), tasty foods and wonderful times with family and friends.  It was great to see how happy everyone was.
Paris