The weather in Queensland

Gold Coast Travel Blog

When I think of Australia I do not think of grey skies and thunderstorms up the ying yang. I think of clear skies, hot days, beautiful ocean and a great tan. But since I got to Australia, minus the first month, the weather has been anything but desirable. Yes, we’ve had some gorgeous days, like this past weekend, was beautiful. But the overall state of Australia’s weather just seems to be depressing at the current time.

I hear it is the coldest spring in a very long time, and that it rains like this normally, but why wasn’t this on TV before I picked this beautiful country. I left Halifax, Nova Scotia for a reason people!!!

So many people from here say that once summer hits I’ll regret ever talking such nonsense and that it will be so hot that I will want to don my short shorts for a parka in a heart beat, although I’m not so sure of this.

I’m the kind of girl who loves to sweat it out, and smell that disgusting smell of the city streets, be it in Lima, Peru or New York City, USA. I love that type of weather, smog and all. So please Australia, come through sooner and later and drench me in that sweaty mist I crave.

Gold Coast