My first car accident

Gold Coast Travel Blog

And hopefully my last.

In all fairness, this accident was more so just stupidity then anything else. I'm an idiot and I think that's more so why I feel so bad about what happened. I currently work for an au pair so the car isn't even mine, and I was still in the driveway at home when I had my accident. I thought I had cleared the car, but I hadn't and I not only screwed up the side panelling on the car I drive, I scratched the heck out of the bumper of their friends car. The worst part(other than pure embarassment) is I panicked and I drove away before I actually told them what happened. I'm talking full on anxiety attack prior to having to tell them. Thank god my father didn't mind getting woken up at 5 in the morning to calm me down before I drove back up the drive to cry and tell the family I work for that I'm so sorry.

I don't think I could have asked for a better way to make me drive safer though. Because now I don't speed and I'm very careful. I just wish I could have realized this without causing utter chaos.

Packed2manyShoes says:
I made a small dent in the family vehicle when I was an au pair... Utter nightmare! I waited for DAYS to tell them, which I got away with, as I was the only one driving that car... and the evil little kid I was watching would scream at me from his back seat "you're going to crash the car again!" whenever I drove... I feel your pain.
Posted on: Nov 29, 2010