What a horrible weekend

Byron Bay Travel Blog

So the weekend started off... well alright. We stayed in Gold Coast Friday night to meet up with some girls from Halifax. This was their first night out really in Australia, so we went to Surfers Paradise and hit the bottle hard... a little ( or in my case) a lot too hard. By 4am I had made myself familiar with the toilet bowl and had emptied my stomach or all Friday's food. When we woke up, we wre supposed to go to Byron for 10, but decided to push it and only got there at 1:30.

After driving around for god knows how long, we found a one hour parking space we didn't have to pay for and headed to the beach, where we sun bathed and went into the water for a little bit. We were both feeling so rough, we decided to go check into our hostel to sleep.

When 6:30 rolled around we finally got out, forced food and other alcoholic beverages into ourselves and got as pretty as we could. We hit the Cheeky Monkey in town and after staying for all of 15 minutes, left because we were just both feeling like shit.

Then the next morning happened, oh and was that ever a next morning. We were supposed to go to the beach all day, rent surf boards, you know, have a good day out on the beach enjoying ourselves. But unfortunaly, I woke up unable to see (I left my contact in my accident).

After trying everything we could think of... we ended up at the hospital. May I add every Australian person I have met that works in a doctors clinic or something similar are complete c***s. Get another job if you hate it. And believe me, I've been to the doctor's and hospital more times to the beach since I've been here so I know what I'm talking about.

Turns out sand got in between my eyeball and my contact and scratched my cornea. So I had a swollen eye and wasn't able to see for 24. The only upside to this horrible weekend was that the pains killers are FANTASTIC!!!

NJTProadcruiser says:
Jeez.. Hope you are feeling better! : )
Posted on: Nov 15, 2010
So white
So white
This is the hostel... you cant re…
This is the hostel... you can't r…
A pet of the hostel
A pet of the hostel
Byron Bay Hostels review
Great hostel, with a could be better location
I forgot how much a pain hostels are in Australia. I don't want to give you a 10 dollars deposit for a blanket, or a 5 dollar one for a mug, or my pas… read entire review
Byron Bay Nightlife & Entertainment review
Anything is better than this
Sadly my trip to Byron Bay was probably one of the worst on record. I drove down on a Saturday afternoon totally hung over from a night out in Surfe… read entire review
Byron Bay Nightlife & Entertainment review
This place was great. Not in the main strip of Byron, on the outskirts of the town right next to The Arts Factory hostel. Great location as I was stay… read entire review
Byron Bay