Peru, I love it

Puno Travel Blog

I´ve been in Peru for just over a week and I´m loving every minute of it. I´ve been to Cusco, Aguas Calientes and Puno, with a 6 hour stop over in Lima. Although the weather is definitely not what I expected it to be, I´m having the time of my life, with my mom and my boyfriend. We´re quite the trio we are. Mom has been such a sport, being 30 years older than us, she´s becoming a true backpacker, although you can tell it´s taking a toll on her (she´s having issues with altitude sickness) she´s being a sport about it.

My favorite part of my trip so far, except for the obvious being Machu Pichu, has been the cable car ride we took over the river outside the town of Santa THersea. The cable car consists of 4 pieces of ply wood with a very questionable piece of metal that is supposed to protect you from falling into the river 150 feet below. That piece of metal would not do a thing if someone were to have actualy issues with it.

Today is a very lazy day for us, after taking the night bus from Cusco to Puno, we arrived at our hostel at 530am and slept until noon, then we explored Puno, or the main tourist street, got some food into us, and then it started to pour. So here I am, in a gamer internet hostel that costs 1 soles an hour typing away on travel buddy. No matter where in the world I am I feel like I have a duty to keep updating it. Amusing how addicting TB is eh?

I look forward to seeing more of Lake Titicaca tomorrow, assuming the weather stays good, and then we´re off to Bolivia on the 2nd. Can´t wait to see more of South America, I think it could very well be my favorite continent so far.
photo by: lrecht