Life as an au pair

Gold Coast Travel Blog

It's been two months since I landed in Brisbane. Two long, yet incredibly short months. I look back and think, what have I done, and in reality, not much. I went to Noosa, Sydney, partied a lot and met a lot of amazing Aussies (something a lot of backpackers don't get to do while in Australia). I've finally come into my skin and I'm really happy that my trip, so far, has gone so well.

The main reason I came to Australia, other than to mature a bit.. haha. Was to work as an au pair. Luck had it that I ended up with an awesome Canadian family, who pay extremely well in comparison to most families housing an au pair. They have three children, aged 1, 3, and 5. And yes, there are day... aka everyday, when I'm surprised I still have all my hair. They are a handful, but how could three children under the age of 5 not be?

I love my job, and although there have been some major ups and downs, I wouldn't change the past 2 months and the upcoming 3 for the world. I doubt I'll ever work as a live in au pair again, unless it's some really amazing place like Peru or Chile or South Africa, but I'm definitely glad I did it.

Gold Coast