La Paz ...again

La Paz Travel Blog

La paz, we didn't do much, although we stumbled across a sweet fair that blocked off the whole of the main prado, which was amazing, because it was a Sunday, and everything is normally closed on Sunday. Then we walked all of La Paz to find undies, which was not as successful as I had hoped.

From La Paz, we took a day bus this time to Arequipa in Peru. FINALLY WE WERE LEAVING BOLIVIA. One thing I would like to point out is that not all of Bolivia is bad, it's just, I came to South America to get a tan and lay on a beach, not be bundled up in llama clothing, freezing to death with a wicked ass cold. I just wanted to be warm, so I really really REALLY welcomed our descent to Peru. As soon as we crossed the boarder our bus man told us we were like 80% going to have to turn around and go back to La Paz because there was a road block, we were NOT happy bus riders, then when we drove the extra 2 hours to see if there was indeed a road block, turns out there was, and the driver was dead set on turning around, thank god we had a bunch of really angry spanish women and israelis who spoke great spanish to tell the bus driver he was not turning about, but taking an old, village road to get past the road block. Turns out it only added like 15 minutes to our travel time, worth it. Did not want to go back to La Paz for the third time.
La Paz