Baba, Bolet, Punda and Bicho

Nagarkot Travel Blog

A place that i have met new friends who could become friends for life.

Not only non-living or intangible things can give me a lesson but the tangible things as human has taught me a lot more. I am lucky that i have met many people who have differenet types, different styles and  different  classes. They showed me the way of thought, the way to live their lives much much more which i can adapt some point to fit in with my way. As Bicho, he was another guy that i have talked to for almost 3 hours while Bolet and Baba are cooking food and my friend was baking cake.

A person as Bicho, some people might love him but some do not like the way he talked. For me, i can talk to everyone. I think it depends on myself that which words that i should keep or throw it out of my head.

I miss that stairs!
I have known Nepal in a different way from Bicho. And also he has made me know 'Men' for one more sight. For sure, everyone is different. But strange that Bicho is like someone i know. Not the appearance but their thought. I wasn't amazed in a way he lives because a person i know has trained me good to handle it. Before i had nothing to say, Bolet and Baba came. They started playing guitar and singing for us. My friend? Still in the kitchen.

Bolet is the one who is good at playing guitar and also is a good singer! Nepal musics are very nice with the way he sang. While we was enjoy Bolet songs, my friend came with his chocolate cake with shiva leaves dressing!! Sure, we ate shiva leave first. Yumm. First piece of cake belonged to me. Was yummy, they're all amazing that how come my friend can do such a good baking!

Bolet gave us another song for thank you that we stayed here.

It was my favorite in a day
It's Nirvana Hotel song. Good meaning.  Almost cried. Baba was an chorus and dancer. Bicho played small drum. My friend played Djimbe, I shaked maracca. Nice band? :D Then Bolet told us the meaning of the song and said "We like both of you, please remember, you can come back here anytime you want. This is your second home".

Me and my friend looked at each other ... Say Samwo!!! The words were stucked in my throat, can't speak out. Bolet said "Don't say anything, let's sing another song."

11 o'clock at night, my friend had slept, let me stayed with Bolet, Baba, Punda and Bicho. Punda is another Napalese who doesn't know what to do in his life. He works in Nirvana and also has his small own business.

Bolet and I
He makes stuff to hang key, it makes from a wire as a marijuana leave design. He always shows up with one bag which contain accessories to make his stuff. Everytime we met, he always said  "You're look like Nepalese" or "You look younger than you are." I was there for four days and he said those to me every time we talked. He repeats doing everything. Everyday he walks from market to Nirvana not less than 5-6 times. Come here and walk back to the market and come here again and walk back to the market again. When i asked "Where are you going, Punda?" He always said "I don't know, just go". Baba played this joke with everyone. "Where are you going? Don't know, just go." But for Punda, it's not a joke. He's serious because he really doesn't know where to go, just go. Everyone suggested my friend to take Punda with him to India, awww.
A chess competition between my friend and Punda. Sorry that i can't let you know the how Punda look like! :D He's on the right behind my back.
..gonna be a crazy trip!

Punda spoke english but it's difficult to understand, not only for me but for everyone. We always just nodded or smiled back to him when we don't know what did he say. First time he asked me to play chess which i can't play so i let my friend did it. Though he was gonna win but nah, he said "Jariya, help me" haha, Punda won every game. Some said he's crazy but he's smart at some point. After won the chess, he left. "Punda, where will you go?" "I don't know, just go" ... haaaaa

At that night as we were enjoy so much in Bolet and friends Band (haha), punda came with the Napal dancing. I can't believe that i could see it closely. It was fun and he was a great dancer. A quiet guy has turned to be Micheal Jackson.

Nirvana night life
We were laughing without taking shiva. Another memorable that one Thai girl was sitting among napalese men who gave me a friendship for free. This night is gonna be the most memorable night forever. What a shame that i couldn't show the pictures of us but something is better keep in our hearts.

Next day, we certainly hope to go back to Kathmandu but after pack my stuff, Bolet came and told us that we can't go. It had Teacher strike in Kathmandu today. No school, no transportation, no bus to  Kathmandu today. Since i was there, I met two strikes. First one after I left Kathmandu and the second when i wanted to go back to Kathmandu.

Restaurant
Nepaleses are used to the strikes. Schools are always closed without announcing. Baba woke up at 6 to prepared food for his kids to school at 9 but they came back home at 10 and said school is closed. For tourists are safe. In time, strikes just stopped the traffic in Nepal. Bolet told me that Nepal has the king but since the Maoist tried to seize the power over the country, always has stikes most of the year. Seemed like people supported Maoists, they said they want to see a prosper country which Maoists is trying to make it true. Hmmmm.....

So now we had to stay here for one more night. We should have been sad but we were not. I think we were addicted to Nirvana already :D

I was going to find something to eat in the market because Bolet wouldn't be here for an hour but he said don't go, i'll come back very soon.

Shiva Shomen
I want to cook whatever you want to eat!

wow, brother.

Today had the other guests, Japanese couple and another Japanese woman who has been here before. Then Bolet came back to cook shiva shomen for me, it's a shomen with marijuana leave :D (Rio, a japanese friend suggested me to have it) Dilicious!! And then i saw Punda brought something to serve japanese couple. It's pancake by Baba. Baba came out and asked do i want one? Sure!! :D Baba pancake was very delicious. It's not a normal pancake but ... i don't know how to explain. I love these two brothers, Baba and Bolet who are a good cook!! Also my friend, he's a good chelf too. Wow, isn't it nice to have food by the good 3 chefs at the same time :D

Baba told me tonight will has a Darbat Party.

..... nothing left to say
He will cook it for his children and invited us to have a party in his room at 9 o'clock! Ok, we'll be there!!

Tonight was a bit colder than ever, i still was sick. Got a sore throat and had a running nose. So got a napped in the afternoon. I took tylenol for 10 pills since i was here, it's gone since yesterday. Woke up again at 4pm. Met bolet in the kitchen, said "What kind of people who are sleeping in a day?" I said "crazy people" haha.  Met Bicho in the restaurant, he said he would go back today and gave me his card. Asked me to keep in touch if he comes to Thailand or I go to Tokyo so we can meet each other again :D

newtampo says:
Sorry that i have made you disappointed. Have no chance to take a photo with him or even Punda or Bicho or the others. I should but couldn't. Can't take camera out while we were enjoy talking and having a good time. I don't know, can't explain. For remember friends, we use a memory heart instead of memory card. :)
Posted on: Jun 13, 2007
siamesekiwi says:
Hey I was expecting to see Baba! He's interesting person! Too bad you got sick there.
Posted on: Jun 12, 2007
A place that i have met new friend…
A place that i have met new frien…
Bolet and I
A chess competition between my fri…
A chess competition between my fr…
Nagarkot