A desk!?!

Seoul Travel Blog

View from the Park Hyatt
A desk?!? I get to stand behind a desk?!? Like a real concierge!?! Woohoo! The excitement of the desk wore off quickly. I spent the majority of my day directing guests to the reception desk to check in or out because they aren’t planning on teaching me that. Over my 9-hour shift, I helped a total of two guests, one with a taxi and the other with train reservations. The time passes very slowly when you only talk to two guests. It’s also quite lonely because I’m now separated from my coworkers so I feel like I’m punished all day.

After work we were treated to dinner at Mad For Garlic Italian wine bistro by our professor. They aren’t kidding with the name; our appetizer was even named Dracula Killer! After dinner with him, we all went to the Park Hyatt for coffee and to enjoy the view from the 24th floor lobby. It was neat to watch the city change into a twinkling skyline. We had plans of going out tonight but that’s not going to happen because we are way too tired from our jobs. Physically tired but also emotionally tired. We’re bored. I hope this gets better soon but if not there are only 22 working days left and it will look good on a resume.
Seoul Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Pack the mints!
Mad For Garlic is a chain restaurant started in Seoul in 2001. They offer 40 different Italian dishes and a pretty decent wine list. There are 10 lo… read entire review
photo by: chiyeh