Trivia Night

Seoul Travel Blog

How did you not doing your job turn into a lecture to us about the internship program? So after our morning of standing around doing nothing, we were supposed to go to different departments to learn about what they do. I went to revenue management, the other three went to CRM. Well what do you know; no one knew we were supposed to be there. We headed down to the training managers office and he came and lectured us for an hour about what they expected from our internship. We were told “This hotel is not a school. I am not your professor. The front office agents are not your teachers. This is not a training program.” If I had known that I wasn’t going to learn, I would have gone to another hotel. I was really disappointed in his view of the program and that he assumed that we would be satisfied with being manpower for the summer. He even stated that he regrets choosing us over two Chinese students. Ouch!

After the meeting, Kelly and I were fuming so we got out of the hotel as quickly as possible. In Itaewon, we went to the bookstore then to grab a drink and cool down at 3 Alley Pub. Quiz night was starting so we asked a team if we could join. They were really nice. Most of them were businessmen from England. Kelly and I didn’t contribute much, maybe 6 answers out of 20. We knew answers about the NFL, Seinfeld, The Office, chick flicks and celebrity gossip. We didn’t win but we had a good time. We will be back next week.
photo by: chiyeh