Lotte World!

Seoul Travel Blog

Ice Rink at Lotte World
We pretty much sleep all day because it was storming. Wake up, eat, nap, repeat. About 6pm, we convinced the boys to come with us to Lotte World, an indoor amusement park about 35 minutes away by metro. The boys saw the park entrance and decided to go shopping for electronics instead. Kelly and I went in and walked straight into the Rio Samba parade. After watching some of the dancing and floats go by, we got in line for Desperado without looking at what it was. We got in and hopped on our “horses” and it was time to shoot up the bad guys. After that we went to the “Conquistador” swing, one of those large rocking boats. Then it was on to the Adventures of Sinbad, a boat ride similar to the Pirates of the Caribbean.

Then we headed outside to Magic Island, complete with a Magic Castle replica at the center.
Rio Samba Parade
It was drizzling so we went to an indoor ride, the Comet Express. We weren’t sure what to expect but it was awesome! It’s an indoor rollercoaster, lit by blacklight and all of the cars spin independently of one another. It was the best ride in the park! Then we went inside and rode the log flume. The log seats 4 people so Kelly and I got in the front seat, but apparently no one wanted to sit with us so we were squished up awkwardly for no reason. We looked like lesbians and were defiantly stared at. After that it was onto Drunken Baskets, similar to Disney’s teacups but the ground floor tilts as well. We weren’t walking straight after that ride.

Then we saw the cheesiest laser light show about Roman gods and zodiac signs, at least that’s all I understood. I also had to laugh at myself because when I learned Latin/Greek in high school, I never found it odd that we would watch movies with the gods/goddesses talking in English, but for some reason when they spoke in Korean I didn’t think it fit. They didn’t speak English; why is Korean so different?
More Parade
More Parade
Desperado Ride
Desperado Ride
Who paid to go to a cheesy amuseme…
Who paid to go to a cheesy amusem…
Log Flume Ride